Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Another First

Well, just when I thought I had experienced all of the firsts of life in Minnesota, wouldn't you know there was one more. A blizzard. I would take a picture for y'all Southerners, but you wouldn't even be able to tell what you're looking at because it would just be white. We're supposed to get anywhere between 4 and 8 inches of snow between today and tomorrow with winds gusting like you wouldn't believe.

Just to give you an idea of how bad it is, I wouldn't let Carter go with me to get Ashlyn this afternoon. And there are days in the middle of winter when I MAKE him go outside because he just gets wild cooped up in the house all day. The wind sounds like it's going to blow right through our house, and I even gave in and pulled all the drapes closed tonight because the cold radiating off the glass was just too much. I'm starting to feel a little claustrophobic!

The good news is that the windows that we have re-done definitely seem to be making a difference! I guess that's the silver lining of a blizzard :)

Check back in tomorrow. Maybe it'll settle down enough that I can take a picture of some good snowdrifts to give you an idea of what it's like! Until then, send warm thoughts our way!!!

1 comment:

Judy & Marvin said...

I was wondering how you "guys" (that's a northern slang) were doing. All day yesterday I listened to the weather reports and knew it was going to be a BIG ONE. Thank goodness for the corn boiler and the new windows!! If warm thoughts could melt that snow, it would already be gone.
Love to all,
Mom