Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Carter!

I can't believe my baby is four. Well, he hasn't really been a baby for a long time, but he's still MY baby. He has to be one of the most active, smartest, stubbornest, sweetest little boys ever.

Happy birthday, Carter! I love you more than words can say and love how you make me laugh almost every day. Even though there are days you make me want to pull my hair out, you're my special little boy. I'm so thankful for the blessing of you and know that the Lord would not have given you to us if we were not equipped to handle you :) We pray that one day you will grow into a great man of God and I just know that all of your stubbornness and argumentativenss (is that even a word?) will allow you to do great things for Him!

Enjoy your Subway :)

I have to include on funny story from this morning. I asked Carter where he wanted to go eat tonight for his birthday. His choice out of any restaurant within driving distance - the Subway attached to the gas station here in Adrian. Of course! Ashlyn on the other hand, quickly reminded me that on HER birthday, she wants to go to Carnival of Brazil in Sioux Falls. It's a Brazilian steak house where they bring around all different kinds of meat on skewers. Oh, the difference between my kids is obvious right there in that small fact.

3 comments:

Mullismayhem said...

Wow, four!
Thanks for having the resolution of keeping up with the blog. I love getting to hear how things are in your life.

Jill said...

Don't give him the "baby curse" of always calling him "the baby!" Trust me.... :)

I can't believe he is 4! Seems like yesterday we were at the hospital waiting for him to be born! Sorry I didn't get to call him yesterday. I'm in Atlanta at a conference and it was a crazy day! Tell him I love him!

Amy R. said...

Cute story! Kids are so funny! I love their simple minds. I got my brown toille at our local fabric store a few years ago because I used it in my old house. I had this left over. Try ebay. I have found lots of fabric on there that I can't find in the store.
Good luck! Hope you are doing well!