Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of Second Grade



Today was Ashlyn's first day of second grade. She has grown up so much this summer. No more kisses at her locker when I drop her off. But, at least she did still need me to walk her to school this morning :) I thought I was ready for her to be independent, but now that she's actually starting to want some, I'm not sure I'm ready!



As for Carter...well, let's just say school for him starts next Monday and I think this may be the longest week of my life. He's been up since 6:45 and I don't think his mouth has stopped once. Well, maybe once to eat a couple of bites of breakfast. Did I mention he starts school Monday???

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow, she is just beautiful, and I'm glad you still got to walk her to school! Still laughing about Monday - you can make it! :-)

Unknown said...

Ashlyn looks GREAT! I love her hair. But, looks much too grown up for 2nd grade. Loved seeing you guys this summer. Can't wait for Christmas and the wedding! Can't wait to see you house painted.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely young lady you are, Ashlyn! I like your outfit--you described it well to me on the phone. I hope the first week of second grade has been fun. You will learn so many new things this year!
Love you,
BeBe