Friday, April 11, 2008

Five Minutes

I'm curious when kids learn the concept of sleeping in. Mine haven't gotten it yet.

School is delayed 2 hours today because of the freakin' SNOW STORM that started yesterday. Yes, it's making me grumpy. No, I'm not seeing the beauty in this one because it's APRIL ELEVENTH for heaven's sake. Anyway, that's another post for another time - when I'm not so crabby.

School is delayed 2 hours today, so last night I stayed up a little later than I normally do and watched some extra TV with Britney, thinking I wouldn't set my alarm and could just get up when the kids did. Sleep in. No need to rush today. Guess what time the munchkins came in my room this morning??? Yep - EXACTLY five minutes after my alarm normally goes off. So much for sleeping in.

I'm just curious why on a normal school day it's like waking the dead and today they were up before the dead???

3 comments:

Judy & Marvin said...

Kids, they will do it every time. Just plan to catch a few extra minutes of sleep and their little clocks just seem to know. Anyway, I hate to tell you, but kids don't sleep in until they become teenagers and then you can't wake them up!!! You still have a few more years before you get them to this point. I wish they lived near me still, I would love to wake up with the roosters if it meant that I could spend that extra two hours with them. Don't fret too much about the snow. Remember it always stays cold until a few weeks after Easter and Easter was a few weeks early this year. They are even predicting low temps in the thirties for us on Sunday morning and a few flurries in the north mountain areas. Spring is just around the corner, I promise. Just hold on!!!!!
Love & kisses,
Mom

Unknown said...

Just a word of encouragement!!?? It was 82 degrees here yesterday and no snow and our new grass is coming up. Praise God!!
Love Ya!
Dad

Lisa said...

Ok, so Scott and I were talking about how long y'alls winters are...I won't tell you today's weather, it will just annoy you. :( Hey, I know what will cheer you up ~ buy some new sassy spring clothes and SHOES, always works for me (poor Scott!)

Yeah, Max woke up @ 6am yesterday, usually sleeps until 7:30 or 8...what gives? We watched a lot of "Peep" and I had 2 cups of coffee! I must admit I was a clock watcher awaiting nap-time! Thankfully Scott went into work really early, got home by 4, it was my sanity saver!