Finally! Another recipe Wednesday! We've had a busy couple of weeks since the kitchen was finished, and I could finally find my recipes again. Britney's family was here for a visit over the last 10 days or so. They left bright and early at 4:00 this morning - YUCK! No one should ever see that hour of the day (or is it night?)
Anyway, while they were here, we threw a baby shower for our cousin Elin. She's due with their miracle baby in late September. For the party favor, we did cake balls wrapped in cute little baggies with a baby sticker on them all tied up with some pretty ribbon. I'm sure I didn't get a picture...
The cake balls recipe is from Bakerella who I found one day browsing online for baby shower ideas! Perfect!
These little things are so good that Britney's mom and sister decided to rename them Yum Balls.
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix - cook as directed on box for 9x13 cake
1 can cream cheese frosting - 16 oz.
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate) - I used almond bark because our rinky-dink town doesn't have anything else...
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (I got between 40-45)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
We found that these are the best around the 2nd day after you make them. They almost melt in your mouth!! Enjoy!