Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Fourth of July!

Doing anything fun for the 4th?

We're planning to take the kids to Pioneer Village in the morning. It's a place in Worthington that reminds me of the plantation at Stone Mountain, except on the 4th, they have the village "working." There will be all kinds of activities there and you can do things the "old way" like shucking corn, grinding flour, etc. Britney and I went there one 4th several years ago, and I really enjoyed it.

I'm sure we'll see fireworks somewhere tomorrow night - we just haven't decided where yet. A few years ago we were at the farm for the 4th and you can walk just up the road and see fireworks from 3 different towns. Maybe we'll do that again or we'll go to Worthington to see the ones over the lake. Whatever we decide, I'm sure it will be fun and I'll have pictures to share!

Monte and Matt got here late last night (or early this morning actually), so I'm sure the next few days will be full of visits to other family and probably some races in South Dakota.

Have a safe and happy Fourth of July!

2 comments:

Judy & Marvin said...

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like a fun day and a learning experience for the kids as well. We are going to Pam and Scott's for a cookout and I think Mark is bringing some "fireworks" (not the Disney kind but it will be fun just the same)!! We will miss all of you. Hope you have a great visit with Monte and all the others. Give everyone our love and have a safe 4th; I'll be thinking about all of you.
Love and kisses,
Mom

Jill said...

Happy Fourth! I hope you guys have fun! We're going to Pam and Scott's, so pray that Nathan doesn't run out in the pasture and "taunt" Sadie! He might think that she is Molly! :)

I loved all of the pictures by the way....makes me want an old house!