Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wednesday Night

Not too much going on now in Minnesota-land. I haven't been able to find a funny festival to go to in a couple of weeks! It seems that there will be a little break before all of the fall festivals kick into gear. We've heard about a couple that will be really interesting but haven't seen any details on them yet :) Don't worry though - we'll be sure to hit them and you can enjoy them with us here!

Ashlyn has settled into school. It turns out that the crying last week was from her worrying about her field trip last Friday to the apple orchard. After last Wednesday, I talked to her and she told me that she was really nervous about it and wanted me to go along as a chaperone. I asked her teacher if I could just meet them at the orchard, and that was all it took for Ashlyn to get over her fear of going. Now, she loves school and can't wait to get there in the mornings. Every day we try to think of something positive and fun that she will do that day. Wednesday is library day, one of the highlights of her week. And I love hearing at the end of the day, "Mom, I love school! Can I go again tomorrow?"

Carter is adjusting pretty well to his days without Ashlyn. We've enrolled in an Early Childhood Family Education class for the next few weeks. It meets on Tuesday mornings and you go and play with your child for the first half of the time. It's pretty nice because that's all I'm there to do - play with Carter. His favorite toys are the tractors! and wagons! We drive them around and around the room. Then for the second half of the class, I go in for a class or discussion on parenting while he plays in the room with the other kids and has snack and story time. It's a pretty good compromise for no 2 year old preschools here.

Britney is still alive and well, for those of you who have asked :) He's been very busy with work and has been putting in some extra hours. He's been fishing a few times since we moved with his uncle Jerry. In fact, we had some of the walleye that he caught for dinner tonight! I'm sure he'll try ice fishing this winter. I, on the other hand, will NOT be walking out on the frozen lakes this winter!

We hope you're all doing well. It's going to be a busy few weeks here. Britney's cousin Marci is getting married on the 19th and it's his grandparents 60th wedding anniversary this year. We'll be gearing up for company, the wedding and the anniversary, so if I'm not around here much, just drop me a line to say hi! I will email back :)

Oh yeah - Carter did get a new stocking cap yesterday, so he doesn't have to wear Ashlyn's purple one this winter. That's it for the exciting news in our lives. What's yours?

1 comment:

Jill said...

Can't wait to hear about the Fall Festivals....if they beat the King Turkey Day and the Weiner dog races, they really will be something to write about!! Not much excitement down here either. Our biggest excitement of the last few weeks has been Nathan "poopying" on the potty! It is funny how life changes when you have a kid....I never thought I would be excited and cheering over "poopy in the potty!" Oh yeah, and we had to wave "bye-bye" to it as it flushed..... beat THAT for excitement! :)

Love you all and can't wait to see you!