Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Recipe Wednesday

It seems I'm somewhat known now for my culinary expertise :) Don't let those fancy words fool you. They really just mean that I can follow a recipe really really well! So, here's the first of my recipe Wednesdays!

This is a recipe everyone in our house loves. We usually eat it for breakfast, but it makes a good snack too. The original recipe I got was for muffins, but whenever I tried it as muffins, they always caved in the middle. So now I just put it in a casserole dish and bake it that way. Then we cut it into squares and enjoy!

Whole Wheat Cinnamon Bread

1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

Mix all together
Add to dry mix:
1 cup milk
1 egg
3/4 cup oil

Grease 9 x 13 pan. Pour batter into pan and bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes.

If you make it, let me know how it turns out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I'm so glad you're doing this! ... and... I can get all those ingredients in Moldova! (Except the whole wheat flour...)