Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Recipe Wednesday

At least you know there will be something new to read on Wednesdays! Hopefully I'll do better about posting with some projects finishing up in the next week or so...Here you go!

Tortellini with Tomato Basil Cream Sauce

1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (14.5 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
4 teaspoons dried leaf basil
2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups heavy cream
4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 pound cheese tortellini, cooked (I usually do at least 1 1/2 pounds and there is plenty of sauce!)

Blend bouillon granules with basil, 2 tablespoons parsley, and pepper into the crushed tomatoes. Saute the garlic in olive oil. Add tomato mixture and bring just to a simmer. Add cream and bring to a SLOW boil. Add the Parmesan cheese. Stir well and stir the tortellini into the sauce. Enjoy!

For some reason, I have a hard time finding cheese tortellini here, so I substitute cheese ravioli and it works just fine! Let me know if you make this recipe. I'd love to hear your reviews!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm--I want to try this one, too! I love garlic in olive oil combinations lately. I tried the Italian Cream cake on the Taste of Home website for Easter and it was delicious--if you need a fun dessert sometime. Happy cooking!
Love,
Marla